ATC recognizes that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability have a positive impact on our future. Existing and prospective employees express interest in the impact we are making in these areas.
CSR Carbon Footprint Assessment
As one of our primary initiatives, our carbon footprint is being assessed for future improvement. Areas assessed (using a 2020 baseline) include:
- Stationary Combustion Sources (facility natural gas usage), 2 CO2-e (metric tons)used.
- Emissions from Mobile Sources (company vehicles), 34 CO2-e (metric tons) used.
- Emission from Purchased Gases (Weld Sop), 0.2 CO2-e (metric tons) used.
- Emissions from Purchase of Electricity (Facility electricity usage), 1,116 CO2-e (metric tons).
Areas we continue to observe improvement in include:
- Updating to LED Lights where possible.
- Look at cost impact of electric forklifts.
- View Scope 3 emissions that include employee business travel, commuting, and product transportation.
- Yearly review with management on continuous improvement ideas.
- Pallet recycling and reuse.
- Lighting and faucet sensors.
- Cardboard recycling.
In the adoption of our CSR and sustainability policies, we continue to provide evidence of the initiatives’ effectiveness through a third-party assessor. You can observe the results of this assessment in the graph below.